Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Polymer Clay Day

Although I've felt a bit out of sorts today, I did manage to get some work done. I did some drawings a while back that I transferred onto polymer clay, so I made a few pendants. Mostly along the lines of a prototype for a future design. I also made a necklace; nothing fancy, just some beads strung on wire, no needle and thread involved. I have some classes coming up at the Tehachapi Art Center, so I have to get the class brochures ready. I haven't taught in years so I'm a bit nervous about it but I've always enjoyed teaching so once I get rolling I'm sure I'll be fine. I still haven't gotten the new print head for my Kodak printer! Hopefully it will show up next week.

I'm thrilled to say that I have sold five sets of new lampwork orphans from my Etsy store. I just listed them a couple days ago. It's a good thing people like my orphans because I think I'm becoming the orphan bead queen! I have a hard time making a large set of anything, though I am getting better at it. It's actually fun to toggle between lampwork and polymer clay. I can make polymer clay and lampwork beads that match each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment